You’re in! Thanks for joining our 5 day re-charge challenge!
Check your inbox (and your spam incase)! Everything you need will be there for you to get started.
This weeks Foodie feature comes from the lovely Victoria from @_naturalnutrition_ . This nutritious (and delicious) powerhouse is a balance of good fats and protein. That can only mean one thing – hormones will most certainly will be thanking us!
Zucchini & Quinoa Frittata
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly (OR 2 cups left over cooked quinoa)
1 and 1/3 cups chicken broth, or stock of choice (or water) *omit if using pre-cooked quinoa
6 free range organic eggs
2 medium zucchinis, 1 sliced into rounds, 1 grated with liquid squeezed out
2 cups washed baby spinach
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
50 grams goat’s feta, crumbled (or crumbly cheese of choice)
50 grams aged hard white goat’s cheese, grated (or mozzarella, or hard/white cheese of choice)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius fan forced.
2. Add quinoa to a small pot with broth/stock, cover, and bring to boil.
3. Turn down to simmer, and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes, or until all water is absorbed – then remove lid and stand to cool for 5-10 minutes.
4. Whisk eggs in a bowl, then add green vegetables, nutmeg, salt and pepper, along with cooled quinoa.
5. Pour mixture into a quiche/tart dish of choice, sprinkle with cheeses evenly, and bake for 25-35 minutes or until completely set and cooked through.
Want more recipe ideas that are easy, delicious and will keep your hormones firing along? You may not know that Well & Good isn’t just information on how to get your hormones happy, but it includes over 40 recipes too! We’ve just announced FREE SHIPPING. You can check it out here.